James L. Keating, CPA
We are saddened by the loss of Jim Keating. Jim joined Matthews, Carter & Boyce in 1977, became a principal in 1985, and spent his entire professional career with the firm.
For more than 40 years, he was one of the cornerstones of our organization. Jim was one of the original rainmakers who helped MCB grow our client base through his marketing finesse and commitment to serving people.
He had an in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing principles, and tax laws and regulations. His industry niches included not-for-profits, hospitality organizations, closely held businesses and manufacturing companies.
Jim provided audit and assurance services, tax planning and compliance, and business advisory services to his diverse client base. Additionally, he provided litigation support and served as an expert witness in various litigation cases. He had extensive experience as a consultant in acquisitions and mergers.
For those of us who knew him, we will remember him as a fun-loving, honest, easygoing person who loved serving his clients and took great pride in being part of MCB. Jim loved his family, and took great pleasure in his daughter, two sons and stepdaughter. We will all miss him greatly.
EXPERIENCE & AWARDS
- Certified Public Accountant – Commonwealth of Virginia, State of Maryland
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIPS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Council of Real Estate Fiduciaries
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Bachelor of Science – Accounting, George Mason University